1. “Still Ray” – Raphael Saadiq. A sweet and romantic ode to the lady in Saadiq’s life describing his undying devotion to an unusually appropriate tuba solo.
2. “Touched a Dream” – R. Kelly. The Pied Piper of R&B makes a beautiful and dreamy song listing all the visions he had while he was making love.
3. “The Beautiful Ones” – Prince. The Purple One asks a lover “Is it him or is it me?”
4. “Weekend Love” – Dwele. This neo-soul crooner sets the mood over soft horns and snares as he reminisces over morning after breakfast during weekend getaways.
5. “You” – Raheem DeVaughn: A haunting ballad of devotion by a singer who evokes D’Angelo and Marvin Gaye and make even the most reserved of women blush.
6. “Getting Late” – Floetry. This song is sweetly mastered by the poetic stylings of the floacist, Natalie Stewart and earthiness of the songstress Marsha Ambrosius’ vocals speak on how temptation arises from the deep lustful stares of an estranged lover.
7. “Nothing Even Matters” – Lauryn Hill featuring D’Angelo. As if the name D’Angelo didn’t say it all –The two soul singers complement each other as they sing nothing really matters as long as they have each other’s love.
8. “Say It” – Ne-Yo. Leave it to a reformed sex addict to really get you in the mood. Ne-Yo’s mesmerizing harmonies will surely shed your sweetie of any inhibitions between the sheets truly communicate.
9. “So Anxious” – Ginuwine. This track has been the soundtrack to many a lap dance and late night nookie. For the less romantically inclined, the bubble baths and back rubs he speaks of top the list of surefire foreplay.
10. “Untitled (How Does It Feel)”–D’Angelo. As if this sensual number needed an introduction. D’Angelo’s falsetto will make even the coldest of hearts melt among other things.
Keep in mind that the lyrics of your favorite slow jam can make or break the mood. While 112’s “It’s Over Now” may be in your top five a hasty break up does not make for the fondest of subliminal messages. Now that we’ve set the mood you’re free to steam the windows and sleep in.